Valley of Flowers Trek
The Valley of flower national park is located at 12,000 ft in the west Himalayan region in Uttarakhand. One of the best work by nature, its unique flora and fauna and its calming and peaceful environment just add up stars on the path of trek, although the trek of valley of flowers does not bring up much more of difficulties but also provides a favourable condition for trekkers where they create a lot of memories and the astonishing surroundings with endemic flora, snow-clad fringes of the Himalayan mountains, verdure atmosphere and the way accompanied with many more glaciers and waterfalls which definitely make this trekk a heavenly experience for the trekkers. The place looks and smells like heaven by the numerous species of wildflowers like saxifrages, poopy, lilies, daisies, zinnia, petunia, geranium, calendulas and sedums. Six day of trekking experience in the lap of nature during monsoon is a heavenly feeling. It is also declared a world heritage site by UNESCO.
Best time to visit
Visiting this paradise is worth it, but you need to pick the best time to do the valley of flowers trek from May to september. The bedsheet of snow begins to melt in May where you can experience drizzling which will surely make your trek stress free. If you are willing to visit this place in June then be ready to face thousands of wayfarers traveling to Hemkund Sahib, due to no rainfall stretch for which the trek remains easy. Perfect things come with perfect timings and so with the trek at Valley of Flower you will get a spectacular view of the flowering blooming in the month of August and the end of September marks the end of season, so don’t miss this opportunity to walk in the flummoxing trek.
Attractions to visit
- Haridwar is believed to be one of the holy lands in India. The land of haridwar is dabbed with temples such as Mansi Devi Temple, Chandi Devi Temple and Har ki Pauri. Haridwar welcomes millions of devotees during Kumbh and Ardh Kumbh which helds after every 12 and 6 years. The Holy river Ganges also flows through this spiritual city.
- Joshimath is a well known hill station nestled at the height of 1890 metres in the district of Chamoli, Uttarakhand. It is a famous pilgrim site where the rivers of Dhauliganga and Alaknanda intersect each other. It also offers tourists alluring views of Himalayan peaks and Hathi Parvat.
- Ghangaria, a hamlet also known as Govind Dham, lies on the bank of Lakshman Ganga river. The scenic view of this astonishing place is flourished with verdure forest, cascading waterfalls, quaint villages and mysterious Himalayas Word.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to keep yourself hydrated before two days of trekking so that you can ditch dehydration on your way of trekking.
- You will definitely be needing some trekking shoes. Then choose a half a size larger than your actual size which will prevent sore fingers.
- You need to protect some of your electronic stuff like mobile or camera. If you are carrying then you need to carry some plastic waterproof bags.
- Try to keep up with the group with whom you start with the trekand maintain a constant speed to avoid premature fatigue.
- It is advisable to carry windcheater but it is not advisable to wear it while trekking through your trek.
Things To Carry
- Durable trekking shoes
- Campaign shoes
- Woollen socks
- First aid kit
- Personal medicines
- Covers to store wet or used clothes
- Water bottle
- Trekking pants
- Winter jackets
- Woollen caps and gloves
- Thermal innerwear
- Swiss knife
How to reach Valley of Flowers
Haridwar is well connected with all major cities and easily accessible by roadways, railways or airways.
By Rail: Haridwar junction railway station is connected to many major cities like New Delhi which will take around 4-5 hours or Dehradun which take only an hour to reach your destination.
By Air: Board any flight to the Jolly Grant Airport which is 36 kms away from Haridwar. At the airport you will find numbers of cabs waiting and will drop you off at Haridwar.
By Roads: Road trips are always an amazing journey so you can take National Highway 58 which will link you to this alluring city. You can even ride through public buses with good frequency from Delhi on a daily basis.