What is Shashankasana?
This asana is divided into two parts, Shashanka means “moon” and asana means “posture” because by doing this asana the mind gets peace and stability.
While doing this asana, the shape of the body becomes like that of a rabbit, due to which it is known as Rabbit Pose in English. This asana is also known in English as Moon Pose and Hare Pose.
Shashankasana is a simple posture that makes the back, waist, shoulders, and neck flexible and strong. Anger, fickleness, and stress can be reduced by its continuous practice. If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Benefits of Shashankasana –
- Stress and anger can be reduced by the continuous practice of Shashankasana.
- With the continuous practice of this asana, the back, shoulders, and waist become strong and flexible.
- Problems like belly fat and belly fat can be cured by doing this asana.
- By doing this asana properly, the digestive system gets a lot of benefits.
- It is considered beneficial in curing problems like constipation, gastric.
- By doing this asana, there is a stretch in the body, which keeps the blood circulation in the whole body fine.
- Its continuous practice brings a glow to the face.
- Beneficial in male and female fertility problems.
Precautions of Shashankasana –
- Shashankasana should not be done by those people who have severe pain in the back, waist, and neck and high blood pressure problems.
- People with slip discs should not do this asana.
- If there is a complaint of arthritis, then this asana should not be done.
- If there is any problem while doing Shashankasana, it should be done only under the help and supervision of a doctor or yoga guru, so that more benefits can be obtained.
Method of Shashankasana –
- To perform Shashankasana, sit in Dandasana in a true and clean environment.
- Bend both the legs and sit in Vajrasana posture.
- Keep the back and neck straight in a line and place both your hands on the knees.
- Calm the mind while breathing in and out as normal.
- Slowly inhaling, raise both the hands upwards.
- Now while exhaling slowly, bend the waist and both the hands towards the front.
- Keep in mind that you have to exhale while going down and inhale while coming up.
- Try to put the forehead on the ground and keep the body steady for 3 to 4 seconds, hold it as much as you can.
- After this, taking the breath again will sit in Vajrasana.
- When doing Shashanka asana for the first time, the mother-in-law can be held for 3 to 4 seconds or it can be done three to four times.
- On the continuous practice of this asana, gradually the time limit can be increased 10 to 15 times the action can be done.
Shashankasana first do two asanas –
There are many benefits of Shashanka asana, but to get more benefit from this apprehension, Surya Namaskar and Bhujangasana can be done.
(If there is any kind of serious illness or any kind of problem, then before doing any asana, it should be done only under the help or supervision of a doctor and yoga guru. So that there is no problem.)