There are five senses in the human body that help us to live life to the fullest. We have our ears which helps us to hear the melodies around us. We have our nose to smell the soothing fragrances and we have our throats to be able to speak. These are all the main senses which provide meaning to our lives. But do you ever think about what will happen if any of these senses face any kind of difficulty? We need not worry about it as our medical science has made huge progress in the medical industry. We have special doctors who are specialized in the department of ENT. These ENT specialists in South Delhi and even other metro cities are very commonly found.
What do you mean by ENT and what are its benefits?
ENT stands for Ear, Nose and Throat. They usually treat the issues related to the ear, nose and throat of our body. They are qualified enough to treat the problems of hearing loss, breathing, swallowing, sinuses, headaches, migraines etc.
Benefits of consulting an ENT specialist
ENT specialists can diagnose, manage and cure diseases related to the ear, nose and throat in a more proper manner as compared to other general practitioners. There are many benefits of consulting the specialist for such issues –
- Proper diagnosing and treatment – ENT specialists are very good for treating the problems in the main areas of the ear, nose, throat, head and neck. They can cure these issues by giving them proper medication if and when necessary.
- Good consultation – Patients can get optimum guidance and a set of instructions to follow for their condition from an ENT specialist.
- Better communication People can talk about their problems and issues to an ENT specialist who may understand their condition better.
- Faith and trust – There is a common link of faith between the doctor and the patient. It is very helpful in times like surgery or complicated treatment.
What do ENT doctors specifically treat?
Doctors who are specialized in the ENT department usually treat medical issues related to the following parts of the body:
- Ears: Problems of ear wax, partial or complete hearing loss, pain in the ear, surgery like cochlear implant etc. Complex procedures and surgeries such as cochlear implant surgeries should be done by a proper surgeon or ear specialist. This generally includes their special skills of diagnosing, managing and treating the patients who are suffering from hearing loss which is even hampering their speech and communication. There are many ENT specialists in Delhi and other cities.
- Nose: Problems like sinus, sneezing, bleeding in the nose, difficulty in breathing, nasal blockage, nasal surgery etc. This involves everything from allergies, infections to even surgeries and operations.
- Throat: Problems related to swallowing or speaking, throat cancer, tonsils, throat infection, excess coughing, thyroids etc. This may also include the larynx or the human voice box.
- Head and Neck: ENT specialists also treat the area of the head and neck. This includes problems like tumors, deformities of the face and also perform complex surgeries like plastic and cosmetic surgery.
It is not a simple task to become an ENT specialist. It requires a lot of patience and hard work. Students should complete their graduation, post-graduation and also some years of practical training. But finally, the road to success never lasts much longer!